Does a job travelling the nation seem like the ideal fit for you? Are you interested in becoming a driver for the recreation vehicle industry and are at least 25 years of age?
If so, we are always looking for qualified drivers to join the Wave Express team. To download a copy of our driver application, please download the form below, fill out the required information, and fax to the number provided.
To learn more about the equipment requirements, please read below.
- 3/4 TON OR LARGER PICK-UP TRUCK (DIESEL &/OR DUALLY RECOMMENDED)
- 5TH WHEEL HITCH – MINIMUM 16,000#
- RECEIVER HITCH – MINIMUM 10,000#
- 2” AND 2-5/16” BALLS
- ELECTRIC BRAKE CONTROLLER
- BATTERY OR BATTERY PACK FOR BREAK-AWAY ON UNIT
- COMPLETE TOW WIRING AT REAR OF TRUCK
- 7-WAY EXTENSION - 5 FT OR TOW WIRING TO BED OF TRUCK
- FIRST AID KIT
- FIRE EXTINGUISHER – MOUNTED
- EMERGENCY FLARES & TRIANGLES
- CAMERA – DIGITAL OR WITH FILM
- ASSORTMENT OF FUSES FOR YOUR VEHICLE
- LARGE STURDY MUD FLAPS – NO MORE THAN 2” FROM GROUND LOADED
- EXTENSION MIRRORS WITH 5” CONVEX
- 4-WAY LUG WRENCH AND/OR TORQUE WRENCH
- JACK – 4000# OR GREATER
- TOOLBOX & BASIC EMERGENCY TOOLS
- ZIP TIES
- DUCT TAPE
- SPARE TIRE FOR YOUR VEHICLE
- SPARE HITCH PINS
- FLASHLIGHT WITH EXTRA BATTERIES
- EXTRA MAINTENANCE PARTS FOR TRUCK (OIL, FILTERS, FAN BELT, ETC)
- GOOSENECK HITCH
- TIRE THUMPER
- 4 X 4 – FOUR INCH DROP HITCH
Frequently Asked Questions
How busy can I expect to be?
The average full-time driver runs approximately 2500 miles per week...1250 loaded/1250 empty.
How much can I expect to make?
It all depends on fuel mileage but the average driver can expect to put $100-150 per day in his pocket, after expenses.
Can someone ride with me?
Yes, we do allow passengers once the release has been signed and is in our files.
Are there back hauls available?
On occasion, although we do not promise any. These runs should be considered bonus money. Do not budget this income.
What if I want to take time off?
It's all about communication. We will have work available for you when you are available. We don't pay you unless your tires are moving, so if you need time off, take it.
What type of license do I need?
Chauffeurs to start. CDL preferable.
What size truck?
Minimum 3/4 ton diesel.
How do we pay?
We pay upon receipt of signed delivery paperwork. We pay by company check on a JP Morgan Chase Bank account.